Created in 2010 in accordance with Law No. 10 973/2004, called 'Innovation Law', the Cluster NIT-Mantiqueira is a project linked to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (acronym MCTI) and runs as a collaborative network with Scientific and Technological Institutions (ICTs) and companies of São Paulo state and southern of Minas Gerais state. We develop activities to optimize and share resources; disseminate best practices in innovation management, intellectual property (IP) protection and technology transfer; and facilitate the implementation of the Innovation Law and Innovation Policy into the institutions.
Actually, there are six public and private ICTs linked to the NIT Mantiqueira:
- Center for Information Technology Renato Archer (CTI);
- National Institute for Space Research (INPE);
- National Astrophysics Laboratory (LNA);
- National Center for Research in Energy and Materials (CNPEM);
- Center for Advanced Research Wernher von Braun (CPA von Braun);
- Valeparaibana Foundation for Education (FVE)
The NIT-Mantiqueira's mission is to contribute to the socio-economic and environmental development of the country, promoting the protection and application of the scientific and technological knowledge developed in Brazilian research institutions. In this sense, the NIT-Mantiqueira has been trying to encourage the protection of IP, as well to structure and operate the technology transfer processes from ICTs to the productive sector.
- Connect Research Institutions to companies/enterprise
- Partnerships in Research, Develop & Innovation Parcerias em P,D&I
- Technology Transfer
- Technology Prospection
- Support actions of Technological Extension
- Promoting activities of Technological Innovation and Intellectual Property
- Technology Showcase;
- Support in actions to find possible partnerships in technology solutions;
- Support in analysis of the economical and technical availability of the develop technologies by nucleated Institutions;
- Providing more security in processes of Technology Transfer, based in legal security
- Support actions of intellectual property and innovation management;
- Legal assistance in process of Transfer of Technology.
NIT-Mantiqueira has an organizational structure which includes a team of public servers and professionals from market with technical competencies and managerial skills to deal with more specifics demanded by Institutions and companies associated to Regional Cluster. It is a multidisciplinary team with expertise on technology transfer, intellectual property, trade, economy, administration, legal sciences and information technology.